Stainless Steel - 400 Series
At Panek Precision, we have a full-service CNC machine shop with a wide range of 400-series stainless steel options. We can help you select the ideal grade of 400-series SS for your next project, from high-volume industrial parts to precision assembly components.
What CNC Machine Shop Services Are Compatible With 400-Series Stainless Steel?
Many types of 400-series SS are an excellent fit for machining. As an industry-leading CNC machining shop, we do more than supply the material you require. We provide a complete range of production services, such as:
- High precision CNC machining
- Assembly services
- Four-slide stamping
- Multi-spindle screw machining
- Tube cutting and forming
Why Choose 400-Series Stainless Steel?
Overall, stainless steels in the 400 range provide greater hardness and tensile strength. They shine for parts that have to perform well in demanding mechanical conditions. They also offer good corrosion resistance, but not as much as 300-series SS options.
The 400-series includes ferritic and martensitic SS families. Ferritic grades aren’t as hard, but they get the job done when it comes to weldability and corrosion resistance. Martensitic grades have significant carbon content, so they’re often used for tempered tools and parts.
What Type of 400-Series Stainless Steel Do You Need for Your Project?
Our precision CNC machine shop works with a wide range of 400-series stainless steel grades, each with specific advantages:
- SS 409: General-purpose, cost-effective ferritic stainless steel that is common in exhaust systems and industrial parts
- SS 410: High-strength martensitic stainless steel with excellent durability and moderate heat- and corrosion-resistance
- SS 410S: Low-carbon version of SS 410 with greater ductility, high temperature resistance, and tolerance to welding
- SS 410HT: Heat-treated form of SS 410 for general-purpose applications in low-corrosion environments
- SS 416: Versatile, exceptionally machinable stainless steel grade often used for motors, gears, valves, and complex assemblies
- SS 416HT: Heat-treated form of SS 416 that retains high machinability, strength, and hardness
- SS 430: Attractive stainless steel grade with highly visible sheen but lower corrosion resistance
- SS 430F: More corrosion-resistant version of SS 430 with improved machinability and heat resistance
Selecting the right grade of 400-series stainless steel can improve your final results, reduce overall costs, and contribute to stronger products.
How Does Our Team Help With 400-Series SS Needs?
At Panek Precision, we have over 70 years of experience in precision machining and metal forming. As a trusted CNC machine shop, we deliver components that meet demanding project specs. We deliver the 400-series stainless steel products you need on time, on budget, and with exceptional quality. Contact us right away to get started.